Pumpkin cutout cookies
- Leave a Comment
- Related Items
I thought to bake these cookies for a long time, but… And one day I took the cup of pumpkin purée from the freezer and used only a half. So the day of that cookies has come 🙂 I rolled those cookies very thinly because I like thin cookies 🙂 Happy that I halved the recipe because I made a lot of cookies, really a lot. I give you the halved recipe.
Pumpkin cutout cookies
Yields: 40 cookies
Calories: 52 kcal / cookie
1 cup = 237 ml
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 115 g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a medium bowl combine flour, ginger, allspice, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, honey and beat well.
- Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients. Beat on low speed until well mixed, scraping down sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place dough on floured surface. With floured rolling pin, roll out dough 6mm thick (or if you like thicker).
- With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes. With spatula, carefully place cookies on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool for about 5 minutes. If you want to frost, do it while cookies are still warm.
Source: Gifts from the Christmas Kitchen. Woman’s Day Special Interest Series (1994)
I can say that this is almost the same as Zucchini pie with tuna just tuna changed to chicken. Also I can say that I found out it only after a few times I baked this pie. Their taste are very different. They both are favourites in our family. Just now I bake with chicken more, because my kids don”t eat tuna, but pie with the chicken eats one of my kids.
This recipe waited for a year because last year somehow I was late – apples were gone, and I didn’t want to buy them. So this year this is my first (and the only) apple cake. And it was a really good cake! I baked only half of the recipe, but I got only one slice – my kids ate almost half of it at once. I could treat my parents only with the small slices… The cake is very moist and in reality it looks better than in the book. And I won’t judge my photos 🙂
Delicious little pies. If I have Vienna sausages, I put them in the filling too and all you have to do is to take tomato sauce for the great food 🙂
So I get up and go to the kitchen to bake pancakes. Because all kids like pancakes and it’s really easy to bake.
These bagels are really tasty and what’s more important – very quickly prepared. They didn’t live long – next day they were all gone, because they’re very addictive 🙂